The Monitoring and Evaluation Unit is one of the five units of the Social Investment Fund (SIF). The unit coordinates all monitoring and evaluation functions of the organization. The mandate and core functions of the unit are outlines below.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Unit of the Social Investment Fund is mandated to coordinate the planning, monitoring, and evaluation of projects and sub-projects of the organization.
The core functions of the unit are to:
- Monitor and evaluate projects and sub-projects at the community level and provide feedback on how resources are used in the implementation of these interventions.
- Inform management on how projects and sub-projects are progressing and indicate ways in which the implementation processes can be improved.
- Assess all project activities and progressively track and measure project outcomes and immediate impacts.
- Coordinate the preparation of Annual and Quarterly Work Plans.
- Coordinate the preparation of Progress Reports (Annual and Quarterly) and other performance reports.
- Coordinate External Project Evaluations and Impact Analysis.
- Facilitate the dissemination of projects success stories to stakeholders.